PRESENTATION SKILLS (a programme example)
AIM: To provide participants with new skills and the confidence to present more effectively to colleagues.
The workshop is a combination of theory and practice, providing participants with ideas and techniques on how to create and deliver more effective presentations.
By the end of the course participants will:
- Learn how to tackle nerves and build self-confidence.
- Have a greater awareness of their own personal impact and how they come across to others.
- Recognise the importance of voice and body when making presentations. The best presenters are good communicators.
- Learn professional actors’ techniques to modify and amplify their impact and presence and have the tools to connect with the audience and keep everyone engaged.
- Have greater awareness of their strengths and weaknesses in the way they present with an action plan for further development.
- Learn how to handle difficult questions and difficult audiences.
- Have learnt how to make their presentations more visually engaging without diluting the message.
Samples of Content
Shared Experience – Participants share views and experiences of Presenting
- Experiences of good (and bad) presenting – what works?
- How do we feel about presenting – what do we do well? What’s holding us back?
- What makes a good presenter?
Principles of effective presentations –
- How to make your presentations memorable.
- How to make our presentations more engaging. Visuals and audiovisuals.
Personal Impact – Raising self-awareness and creating the right impression
- Mehrabian – the importance of congruence between content, body and voice.
- How personal impact makes a difference – exploring neutrality and body language.
- The Six P’s of Voice – learning to speak with confidence. Exercises and tips on how to improve our vocal delivery.
- Building trust with our audience – the Trust Matrix (competence & warmth)
Skills practice – putting it all together
- Each Participant delivers a prepared presentation to the group.
- Feedback – all participants are given individual constructive feedback on their communication and presentation style and how to present more effectively.
TIME: 1 or 2 days. ATTENDEES: 6 - 12. RESOURCES: 1 - 2 facilitators.
One-to-one coaching sessions also available