PATIENT EXPERIENCE WORKSHOP FOR GP STAFF
A Customer Care programme to enable Practice staff to improve their relationships with service users and their colleagues.
Recent clients include Central London CCG, Camden CEPN, Ealing CCG, Hillingdon CCG, Brent CCG, Harrow CCG.
"Hillingdon CCG has had the pleasure of working with Activation Business Theatre on a number of occasions. They have provided customer care training to all our GP practice reception staff in a dynamic and interactive way. Their enacting of scenes in the practice waiting room ring true with staff and patients alike and really challenge receptionists to look at themselves and others in a fresh, new light. Excellent techniques to take away, thought provoking to change behaviours and lots of fun." Annette Alcock, Primary Care Workforce Lead, NHS Hillingdon CCG.
- To enjoy our communications more
- To get the best out of ourselves and others
- Structured, interactive and engaging. Minimum chalk & talk.
- A variety of approaches to promote involvement from all staff, as well as the opportunity for staff to share experience and perspectives.
Content The session will focus on:
- Empathy: Putting ourselves in our customer’s shoes
- Attitude: The importance of adopting a positive attitude
- Ownership: Taking responsibility
- Action: Getting the job done
Activities will include testing and broadening the participants’ understanding of customer care and handling difficult customer situations. We will look at:
- Personal impact - status
- Flexing style
- Managing conflict
- Questioning and Listening Skills
- Difficult conversations - skills practice
Outcomes of the session:
- An understanding of what makes for good customer care
- Knowing how you communicate now – what works and doesn’t work
- Equipped with tools to start changing what doesn’t work
- How to handle a difficult customer or situation
- Trainer led with actor/facilitators playing out scenarios drawing out from the audience their own experience and behaviours and demonstrating best practice.
- £1500 + VAT per workshop. Other cost options available.