Customer Service Training
Our approach is interactive. Activation use an experienced trainer/facilitator and professional actors to deliver a programme that will achieve your learning objectives. By using forum theatre we engage participants on a level that goes beyond normal training delivery by encouraging participants to interact and discover for themselves new ways of dealing with their customers.
Style of the day:
- Structured, interactive and engaging.
- A variety of approaches to promote involvement from all staff, as well as the opportunity for staff to share experience and perspectives.
- Various activities will allow for a range of individual contributions from all participants.
Features of the day:
Activities to test and broaden the participants’ understanding of customer care and handling difficult customer situations. We will look at:
- What makes for good and bad communication?
- How do we communicate – content/voice/body language (clarity of message)
- Costs of getting it wrong
- What’s my customer’s experience? - Stepping into their shoes
- Delivery and customer expectations
- Dealing with difficult situations – diplomacy, empathy and support
- Questioning and listening skills
- Exploring personal communication styles in good and conflict interactions.
- Positive communication model.
Actors play out scripted scenarios looking at good and bad practice. Participants engage in hot-seating of characters and forum theatre.
Practical Application. Participants role-play bespoke interactions with actors.
Outcomes of the day:
- An understanding of what makes for good customer service
- How to handle a difficult customer or situation
- Improved questioning and listening skills
- A raised awareness of the use of empathy and understanding
- Building on shared 'best practice'. A shared learning experience.
- Promoting confidence of individuals/team to implement learning.