COMMUNICATING WITH CONFIDENCE – How to improve your impact & presence
AIM: To provide participants with the confidence to communicate more effectively
By the end of the course participants will:
- Develop a wider range of skills to communicate with colleagues, clients and stakeholders.
- Recognise the importance of voice and body in communication.
- Learn professional actors’ techniques to modify and amplify their impact and presence.
- Have the tools to mismatch or connect with clients and colleagues, and be able to modify their status according to the situation
- Have greater awareness of their strengths and weaknesses in the way they communicate with an action plan for further development.
Samples of Content
- The ingredients for good communication
- Mehrabian – Finding congruence between content, body and voice
- The Trust Matrix – Competence & Warmth
- Exploring neutrality and body language
- Status from 1-10. A flexible tool that we can modify depending on the other person and expectations of your role
- The power of voice and finding our authentic voice
- Circles of Presence
- Creating a professional presence
- Using story to engage your colleagues and peers
- Flexing style – tailoring your content to suit your audience and different personality styles
- Questioning and Listening Skills
- Handling objections and difficult conversations
- Skills Practice
TIME: 0.5, 1 or 2 days
ATTENDEES: 6 - 12.
RESOURCES: 1-2 facilitators depending on number of days.
One-to-one coaching sessions also available